Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Christmas reindeer graphics


Yay!! It's almost Christmas!!!

So from me and my family to you and yours, I'm wishing you a very           Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

(If you celebrate a different holiday and want to wish me a happy or merry XYZ, please do so! I won't be offended. I'll be glad you said something nice to me.)

So, it's the middle of the week and holiday hustle and bustle may have you a little stressed out, and you may be in need of one on of these mid-week pick me up posts. But, today I won't give you a witty quote or motivational speech. No, today I want to highlight the cause behind the celebrations taking place this week- the birth of Jesus Christ! Now, whether you agree with my beliefs or not, I think we can all agree that this baby's birth was a pretty big deal and has had quite an impact on this Earth, and this event is worth noting in our world's history. (Did anyone bring you gold, frankincense, or myrrh when you were born? I didn't think so.) Furthermore, the trials that his mother, Mary, faced bringing him into this world serves as the perfect mid-week motivation. Her endurance of a premarital pregnancy in Biblical times was quite an endeavor and worth respecting. I look at her faith and her patience and feel bad that I ever worry about or become irritated with the small tribulations of my life. Sometimes, I catch myself saying, "How in the world did she manage to be so strong, to trust so fully in God, and to hold her head high?" But then, I remember, "Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12. That's how she did it. She knew God had a plan for her life and took comfort in that knowledge- something we all should remember much more often.

I stand in awe of Jesus's entire story. From his birth (Luke 2) to his death (John 19), his story is one of love, patience, humility, and honor. His life was truly a gift to this world (John 3:16) and is one that deserves the utmost respect both for his significance in the Christian faith and his model lifestyle. So as you celebrate with your loved ones, take a moment to reflect upon and remember the life you are celebrating and the gift that those packages under the tree represent.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas, opinions, and other thoughts! Just please, be respectful and conservative in your language. Thank you! :)