Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Show Me What You're Made of!

Hey Hey, it's Hump Day! I hope you're having a fabulous week and everything is sailing along smoothly. But, if it's not, or if you are just in need of a little inspiration or pick-me-up, here you go!

Last night I stumbled upon this image on Facebook and am not sure who I owe credit to for it, but I love it. 



This statement is so true! Even if you and I had an identical experience, we would not act or be affected in the same way. We are all unique and life will twist us in many different directions. Someone once told me that you cannot compare yourself to others because you'll compare your weaknesses to their strengths and vice versa. I think this ties in nicely with this egg and potato illustration. Peoples' personalities and behaviors are built on unique experiences, thoughts, motivations, and beliefs. For this reason, at some point or another we will all be an egg or a potato in boiling water. But, if you put us eggs and potatoes in the freezer, we would all harden just alike. And, in that light, we are all similar while simultaneously being so different. 

So, this week I encourage you to be you. If you're an egg during exams, awesome! If you're a potato, well keep going; your egg moment is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas, opinions, and other thoughts! Just please, be respectful and conservative in your language. Thank you! :)