Monday, February 2, 2015

Look for the Positives

Whew! This past week has been crazy, and I have had some computer trouble that has put me behind in a lot of things. I'm still going to do all the posts from this past week, however. I'll combine the Mid-Week Motivation with Flexible Friday, here. 

Like I said, I've had some computer problems that have caused tasks like homework and email to take longer than usual. For someone like me who loves efficiency and hates to be late or slowed down, this was really annoying and stressful. However, while searching for solutions to my issues, I stumbled upon a little treasure. 

This little treasure breathes efficiency and made plowing through some of my work seem like a walk in the park. It makes a drudging task super easy and quick! And, it's FREE! Ever better. :)

So what is this gem, you ask? 


Spreeder is a free, online, speed reading software! You simply copy and paste the passage you want to read into its dialogue box, and it does the rest! You can also install the Spreeder toolbar button (I like it). With the button, you don't have to copy and paste if you're reading in your web-browser. Just click on the button when you're wanting to speed read something. 

Now, I was skeptical at first. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to comprehend what I read. But, I read about the Spreeder method a little and how your inner voice slows your reading and tried it out with a module that has a quiz at the end. I passed the module quiz with 100%, and read the corresponding passage in half the time it would normally take me to skim it!

Ok, so let's tie this back into our Mid-Week Motivation. I'll be honest; I got really frustrated and irritated with my computer issues this week, and it was difficult to stay on task. But, without these issues, I might not have found Spreeder, and I would still be drudging through long, boring paragraphs. So, maybe things aren't going super smoothly right now, but there could be a valuable gain from your struggle. You could learn a new skill, meet someone new, be forced to try something you wouldn't ordinarily (you might even like it), or you may find a much better way to do things. No matter the case, KEEP GOING! Meanwhile, stay focused, but be sure to take the blinders off and look around you for those little gems floating on the roadside; you never know how helpful they might be!

Have you had a diamond in the rough experience? Big or small, I'd love to hear about it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas, opinions, and other thoughts! Just please, be respectful and conservative in your language. Thank you! :)